Musings of a fickle mind

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Review #8 Top 11

So here goes another short review on what I think is one of the worst AI seasons ever..Most of the actual talent has gone down the drain already..:( [sorry for the typos..this season's getting on my nerves hahah..an underwhelming week]

Lee DeWyze (The Letter) Nice seeing Lee moving around the stage more. However, I do have to say, he was not in his element at all. He seemed awkward. Personally, his performances in the smaller stage seemed much more Top 12-worthy than the performances he's been giving 2 weeks into the Top 12. He may be in danger.. 6.5/10

Paige Miles (Against All Odds) Paige Paige Paige...Oh no you just didn't?!?!? What was that? I mean, I absolutely thought that Paige had a great voice..with Simon giving all the hints that she did great in Hollywood..and that she had one of the greater voices among the girls...BUT THIS WAS JUST TERRIBLE...it sounded like a bad audition. It was shaky..it was pitchy...it was off key..She can't do ballads...BAD BAD BAD.. i don't know if this has something to do with her voice recovering or something..but she's had two TERRIBLE ballads in a row... 1/10

Tim Urban (Crazy Little Thing Called Love) Two of the performers I don't like at all after one another..what is Idol doing to me!! Tim should've been gone AGGGEEESS ago..even before the Top 24..and he didn't..the producers just called him back..how I wish they never gave him the Top 24..Please Go Tim..you're time is UP..but i think you'll be safe once again because of the annoying teeny bopper vote..and because you at least were on key unlike Paige.. :(( 4.5/10

Aaron Kelly (I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing) Vocally this performance was OK.. but listening to this after two bland and bad performances, made it seem like a breath of fresh air.. I think Aaron has claimed his spot in the Top 10 next week.. He's been consistent, so he deserves it..Good but not Great. 7.5/10

Crystal Bowersox (Me and Bobby McGee) Effortless..another SOLID performance from Crystal.. What can I say?? Maybe she needs to drop the guitar once in a while..but this was just great.. Can't wait for what she has in store for next week! She's definitely sailing through. 9/10

Mike Lynce (When a Man Loves a Woman) He has a really good voice.. But there's something about him that I just don't like at all.. He just seems so full of himself lately...Hey, wake up.. you're not the best singer.. and I don't think you have that many fans. lol. sorry, just don't like him. This was a good performance, but a bit corny. 7/10

Andrew Garcia (I Heard It Through the Grapevine) I honestly thought that this would fit Andrew..but I don't know, it was so stiff, off and just plain awkward..I absolutely hate his hand movements..he seems to be making fighting moves or somethin'...I honestly don't think he's ever going to get the "Straight Up" moment back.. I do agree with Simon..maybe on hindsight, that moment was overrated. He's had a lot of weeks to prove that he has it in him still, but he just hasn't.. In danger 5/10

Katie Stevens (Big Girls Don't Cry) I loooved this song for Katie. Sure, there were some pitch problems..but i do have to commend her for listening to the judges...she's finally in her element (Pop RnB)..A great song choice!! Absolutely love the tone of her voice! Hope she makes it!! Save Katie! 7/10

Casey James (Power of Love) This performance seemed quite fast. I mean, it was solid, but i just didn't have the IT-factor. It was like an ok bland performance. Not much to say. 8/10

Didi Benami (You're No Good) She started off the song actually quite well. She then started becoming pitchy and all over the place.. I do hope that Didi stays because she has a lovely tone, which will do wonders with the right song.. Song choice is KEY for Didi's survival.. Please be safe! 6.5

Siobhan Magnus (Superstition) My absolute favorite of the night!!! I disagree with Simon..I don't think that Crystal was the only one exceptional tonight!! Siobhan was amazing!! I personally like this performance better than Paint It Black!!! Siobhan for the win!!! Please!!! 9.2/10 (a bit higher than Crystal ahahah)

Ranking:

1) Siobhan Magnus
2) Crystal Bowersox
3) Casey James
4) Aaron Kelly
5) Katie Stevens
6) Mike Lynche
7) Lee Dewyze
8) Didi Benami
9) Andrew Garcia
10) Tim Urban
11) Paige Miles

Bottom 3 with Andrew, Tim and Paige..with Paige out...and Tim, you're lucky someone was worse than you tonight..but if it was up to me, I would eliminate you over Paige, because I just don't like you..lol (Lee,Didi and Katie (PLEASE SAVE KATIE!! haha) may also be in danger)

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about this being the WORST SEASON in American Idol history. I'm not impressed with anyone at all. They all seem so mediocre and ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..yah.. i know right??!?!?!??! I'm glad i have Katharine and Carrie Underwood..i'm ok with Cook, Archuleta and Jordin as well! :D

    Sort of like Kris Allen, Adam and Allison from last season !:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Katharine. she was my absolute fave from the start! I just love her! and Carrie too!

    yeah. Cook, Archuleta and Jordin are awesome too! And Adam! I didn't really watch last season though. Just the finals and I instantly fell in love with Adam! Hehe

    Anyway, I blame Miley Cyrus for the failure that is today's AI show. LOL

    ReplyDelete