Musings of a fickle mind

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

American Idol Top 20 Semifinals: Top 10 Guys

Ok, now we have the guys.. I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

The Good

Curtis Finch, Jr- He's got a great voice..I'm just bothered by his personality..and i feel like all the compliments are going to his head..someone has got to bring this guy back to Earth.

Devin Velez- First of all, I really love this song...especially the Spanish version...and i was so glad that Devin sang in Spanish again. (i hope he doesn't always do this though)...then again, he's got a really special voice and such a pure tone..he can probably sing anything..

Nick Boddington- Thank God! Nick is back! He's back on the piano...and he just slays the heck out of this Goo Goo Dolls song..first part gave me goosebumps.

Burnell Taylor- I'm sensing dark horse with this kid....he's not necessarily the best every night..but he's able to give a solid performance..I love his voice.

The Ok

Elijah Liu- I'm so frustrated with Elijah because I know he's got more...I loved the beginning part of the song...the chorus was great. I felt that his voice was controlled throughout..my only issue is that he didn't go anywhere else with the song.. It just stayed there..sweet..but i'm not sure if it was enough..the thing that's going for Elijah is that he's very marketable and current.

Cortez Shaw- I don't think that Cortez really knows who he is as an artist yet...he's got a monster voice..but he hasn't been picking the best songs to showcase his voice. This was an ok performance, but I was really expecting more from Cortez because he's got one of those big voices..

Vincent Powell- From my no. 1 spot in my last post...Vincent fell off a cliff..I really like him but i feel like he's trying to prove himself every week when he doesn't need to. He has a great voice and he should know that...he just needs to be himself and pick songs that are close to his heart...I think it is when he sings from the heart that he shines brightest. I hope America pulls him through..but I'm not really sure anymore.

Paul Jolley- I think this is probably one of my favorite Paul performances...but I still don't think that country is in Paul's wheelhouse..He has to move on to theatrical big ballads. He sounds like Clay Aiken.

The Not So Good

Charlie Askew- Hmmmm... i'm kinda scared for Charlie..because i think he seems to be unstable..He could hurt himself..if he gets more criticism in the future. :// I totally agree with Nicki on this :( It seemed so dark and so not the Charlie that I loved earlier on in the competition. Gotye is totally who he needs to emulate...I have a fishy feeling that Charlie will make it to the top 10 because he might be getting America's sympathy vote.

Lazaro Arbos- Lazaro has a lot of vocal issues. This performance was not terrible like last week, but i feel like it was still a rather weak performance. I don't get why the judges aren't honest with Lazaro..they're so affected by his back story that it's so frustrating.. I'm glad that Mariah pointed out the issues with his voice..This is a singing competition... ://

Fearless Forecast- I think that Charlie and Lazaro are making it.. :// and probably Curtis, Paul and Devin.





No comments:

Post a Comment