Musings of a fickle mind

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

American Idol 12- The Top 10

So the top 10 finalists got to pick from songs done by previous winners on and after the show. This'll be interesting. So let's go straight to my thoughts on the contestants. :)

The Great

Candice Glover "I Who Have Nothing" (previously done by Jordin Sparks)- Amazing vocals; such controlled runs; there's not much I can say about this girl...

Amber Holcomb "A Moment Like This" (Kelly Clarkson)- There's something really special about her voice. I would have to agree with Nicki on this one...she reminds me of a young Whitney Houston. Dark Horse!

Kree Harrison "Crying" (previously done by Carrie Underwood)- Kree has such a special tone and voice quality; so rich...her range is impeccable. I think she can sing anything...She is definitely NOT limited to country.

Angie Miller "I Surrender" (previously done by Kelly Clarkson)- Angie can probably sing anything and be on point. Now, i don't think this was the best song choice...but she nailed it :)


The Good


Burnell Taylor "Flying Without Wings" (Ruben Studdard)- He connects so well...probably my fave guy contestant this year.

Devin Velez "Temporary Home" (Carrie Underwood)- I don't know...I don't completely agree with the judges..i would side more with Nicki on this one. I actually enjoyed this performance.. I know it is one of Devin's more subtle performances, but i really felt it. He may be in danger though :(

Paul Jolley "Amazed" (previously done by Scotty McCreery)- Hmmm.. I think this is probably the best he's sounded...but...he's really at his best when he's overly theatrical..i don't think there's anything wrong with being theatrical..but it just doesn't sell at the end of the day..I think Paul will be safe anyway...

The Ok

Janelle Arthur "Gone" (previously done by Scotty McCreer)- I think Janelle is wise enough to stick to traditional country because i think that's her niche..the problem is she's not vocally as strong as any of the other girls... She might be in trouble, but her charm may save her.

Curtis Finch, Jr. "I Believe" (Fantasia)- He's a good vocalist, but that's pretty much just it...i didn't feel anything.

The Meh...

Lazaro Arbos "Breakaway" (Kelly Clarkson)- Ugh... :( I don't like this at all. It doesn't soothe his voice...I think Burnell's song choice would've actually been better for Lazaro..I don't think he's in any danger though..people might actually vote him through because of his story.

Prediction- I think Janelle, Curtis and maybe Devin are in danger of being in the bottom 3...i'm kinda scared for Amber and Burnell because i'm not sure about their fanbases....i want Lazaro to leave..



No comments:

Post a Comment